The folks at Usborne books have started their Black Friday Sale and it runs through Monday. Right now, my Usborne consultant is offering a drawing for folks who Click here to Christmas shop at Usborne books. All hostess gifts will go toward purchasing books for the NICU babies at McKay Dee Hospital in Ogden, Utah to help them become lifelong readers. Make sure when you click on the link that it says, eShow: NICU Babies.
Here are some suggestions of books you can find at Usborne for the children in your life.
Newborn to age four:
Usborne has a large selection of books that have textures, which is just what a young baby needs. These board books are just right for toddler hands.
1 year and up:
This is one of my grandson Vincent's favorite books. He loves to make all the animal sounds. He is He is 18 months old. This is not a board book, but the pages are sturdy.
For any child with anxiety:
This book goes through everything a child might worry about and helps them move forward. It is fun to read because of the rhyme.
Starting school age:
This sweet story has a little girl who wants to make a friend. She tries to make friends by bringing gifts for people, but she learns that the greatest gift she can give is herself.
Teaching point of view:
This is an all around fun story that helps children understand that there are often two or more sides to a story.
Ages 10 and up:
I wish this had been in my library when I took a Shakespeare class and struggled to understand the old language. The stories have pictures and are told in modern language, which will help your reader know what the story is about, so that they can appreciate Shakespeare's language and poetry
Usborne has many, many other books, but these are a few of our favorites.
On Friday, December 4, I will draw a winner to receive Usborne's Mosaic Picture Sticker Book a book for your child (or you) to create fun pictures with over 4,000 stickers. This book retails for $10.99.
"How do I get entries in the drawing?" you ask.
- Follow my blog.
- Leave a comment on my blog.
- Share a link to my blog on Facebook, and let me know in the comments that you did so.
- For each $10 you order from the NICU book party, you get another entry. Remember that the money you spend, goes to buy gifts for your own children and your order will be shipped directly to you. The NICU babies get the generous hostess gifts, and Usborne is very generous.
- Book your own Usborne Party with Catherine Johnson - she does Facebook parties and they are a lot of fun. Leave a message on this blog, and I will have her contact you.
- Invite a friend to follow my blog. Make sure they let me know that you sent them by posting in the comments.
As you can see, you can get a lot of entries to win this fun book. I will draw the winner in one week at 8:00 p.m. Mountain Time (Utah) on Friday, December 4th.