Thursday, August 25, 2016

The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Alboom

The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Alboom was different than what I was expecting. I thought this book would be preachier, and to be honest, I wasn't really looking forward to reading it, but instead of a lecture, this book made me think.

Books that make me think are ones that stay with me because my brain has twirled things around a bit. This slim 196 page volume made me question my life, who has touched my life, and whose lives I may have touched, and I wonder, who will I meet in heaven?

There are people I really hope to see again in heaven, but will they be the ones to welcome me home? This little book is fiction, so heaven may or may not be what this books says, but this book makes me want to be a better human, to understand our connections to one another, to reach out more, and to be a little kinder.


Read to a child today even if that child is you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment