Saturday, January 7, 2017

The Odyssey by Homer

I listened to The Odyssey (version 1) by Homer on LibriVox. I didn't expect to like this book that was written centuries ago, but I found it fascinating. If you enjoy Greek mythology, you will like this book. If you have a reader who loved the Percy Jackson series, they will like this book.

Greek mythology contains illicit love affairs, violence, and mayhem, and Homer's depiction will keep you reading or listening. I wanted to flay the suitors and make them go away. I loved how faithful Penelope remains to Odysseus. I loved the trickery of the gods and how the story ends.

Don't be afraid of a 1200 year-old text. It is an understandable and wonderful adventure.



Read an old book today and see if it can become a new friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment