Thursday, April 6, 2017

Once Was Lost by Sara Zarr

Once Was Lost by Sara Zarr is a book I saw in a thrift shop but didn't end up buying. I wish I had now that I've listened to the audio version. I will be adding a hard copy to my library.

In this story, Zarr weaves a complicated tale of Sam, the daughter of a workaholic pastor and an alcoholic mother. When a young girl from their church comes up missing, nearly everyone, including Sam's dad, is a suspect.

Zarr does a wonderful job of heightening the suspense factor. I found myself getting knots in my stomach when Sam would find herself alone with different men in the town. Sam struggles to find out who she can trust as her relationship with her father deteriorates.

I don't want to give anything away, but if you like suspense and seeing an author weave several stories together, you will enjoy this book.



Read to a child today even if that child is you. 

1 comment: