Thursday, November 16, 2017

Prodigy book 2 of the Legend series by Marie Lu

Prodigy is book two of the Legend series by Marie Lu. I read the first book several years ago for brown bag and book at my school, but I was able to jump right into this one and remember what was going on.

Marie Lu writes a memorable story, and because she writes well, I remembered a lot of the story from the first book. I enjoyed Legend, but I liked Prodigy even more. The story takes place in the future and the United States has crumbled. Some want to put the country back together and recreate a democracy, and others want to keep the totalitarian government.

This books picks up right where Legend leaves off. In Legend, the reader understood who was good and who was bad. Things aren't so simple in Prodigy. The story digs deeper, and Day and June struggle to figure out which side they should fight for. The politics are a bit more complicated, and the love interests multiply.

This story alternates from Day's and June's points of view just like in Legend. Day is trying to find his little brother, while he and June go to work for the Patriots. Their characters developed even more and the action is fast paced.

I have already put the third book, Champion on my wish list.


Link to our NICU book registry if you'd like to donate books to babies in the newborn intensive care unit so their parents can read to them while they grow. You can also donate gently used books to our project by sending them to me or to Angie. Email me for a mailing address. We can use both English and Spanish books. If you have a graduate of the NICU, or if you have a baby whose life you would like to honor by donating books to this project, let me know, and I can make a book plate with their name for the books you donate.

Read to a child today even if that child is you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment