Saturday, May 4, 2019

Friends of the NICU to the Rescue

Recently we ran out of books for the NICU babies, but some friends of the NICU came to the rescue.

I also wanted to show you a book that I recently bought for the NICU and wish I could have 500 of them, so that the next 500 NICU babies could get a copy of this book. It is completely perfect. It's a book about living, being loved, and remembering to breathe. Breathe

The pictures are wonderful and the words are peaceful and gentle. I need to get a copy for my own home, but when I saw this book, I felt it was perfect for the parents in the NICU who are willing their babies to grow, get well, and to breathe so it is in a packet for a NICU family.







Isn't the art just wonderful - and Beluga Whales - oh, my heart. I have all the feels about this book. I'll be getting another copy for myself soon. 


Check out these cute books that are headed to the babies because of the wonderful people who support our book project.

Caitie brought this one by:

My sweet neighbor and friend, Karyn V donated the money for us to purchase these 27 books. My sweet teacher friend, Marla, gives us any points or bonuses that our order generates, so we got two extra books.

The next two pictures show the 39 books that Michelle Aikeen and her family donated. She picked books that she loves to read to her own children. Mother Bruce is completely adorable.


 Angela Jensen sent these cute books. I love The Big Hungry Bear.


Read to a child today even if that child is you.

Link to our NICU book registry if you'd like to donate books to babies in the newborn intensive care unit so their parents can read to them while they grow. You can also donate gently used books to our project by sending them to me or to Angie. Email me for a mailing address. We can use both English and Spanish books. If you have a graduate of the NICU, or if you have a baby whose life you would like to honor by donating books to this project, let me know, and I can make a book plate with their name for the books you donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment