Tuesday, June 25, 2019

My Heart by Corinna Luyken

My Heart by Corinna Luyken was published in 2019. I bought this book because I love The Book of Mistakes.

The art is wonderful and the story shows that people will have good days, bad days, and in between days.

The whimsical illustrations are all in black and yellow.

The book begins, "My heart is a window, my heart is a slide. My heart can be closed or opened up wide. Some days it's a puddle. Some days it's a stain. Some days it is cloudy and heavy with rain." Each line is on a separate page with it's own illustrations. The story continues on and shows the importance of self care and caring for others.

I like this book because it opens the door to talk about emotions. Although this is a children's book, it  could be used in a middle or high school classroom. The same can be said for The Book of Mistakes that follows the growth mindset so well.

This beautiful book makes me excited to see what Luyken will come up with next. She is an author and artist to watch.



Cayli and Brandon donated these cute board books to our NICU book project. Cayli is a fashion and lifestyle blogger. You can find her here. 



Link to our NICU book registry if you'd like to donate books to babies in the newborn intensive care unit so their parents can read to them while they grow. You can also donate gently used books to our project by sending them to me or to Angie. Email me for a mailing address. We can use both English and Spanish books. If you have a graduate of the NICU, or if you have a baby whose life you would like to honor by donating books to this project, let me know, and I can make a book plate with their name for the books you donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment