Monday, August 26, 2019

Do You Know Liam?

A couple of times a year, I receive a box of books for our NICU book project in honor of a little boy named Liam. As I go through and put book plates on these books, I think of him, and I am thankful to be part of his story.

His life matters. He is one of the guardian angels of this project, and as the years go by, I think of him getting bigger in heaven and watching over those who love him.

These thirty-one books are all marked with his name, and they will go to thirty-one different families along with four other books in a packet of five. Thirty-one families who will spend time with their babies in the NICU. Thirty-one families who will see his name, think about Liam, and know that he is making a difference.

Thank you to Liam's family for supporting our NICU book project so that other families can read to their babies and benefit from story time.  I love your little guy and wish you all the best.

Book plates with Liam's name.

If you haven't seen that Peek-a Who? book, it's adorable and my grand kids love it. 

The Giant Jumperee is another favorite of my littles. 

 Good Night, Gorilla is so much fun to read. 


 Duck! Rabbit! is a wonderful book to help a child see things from another's point of view. 


Read to a child today even if that child is you. 

Link to our NICU book registry if you'd like to donate books to babies in the newborn intensive care unit so their parents can read to them while they grow. You can also donate gently used books to our project by sending them to me or to Angie. Email me for a mailing address. We can use both English and Spanish books. If you have a graduate of the NICU, or if you have a baby whose life you would like to honor by donating books to this project, let me know, and I can make a book plate with their name for the books you donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment