Friday, October 11, 2019

Falling Over Sideways by Jordan Sonnenblick

Falling Over Sideways by Jordan Sonnenblick was published in 2016. This middle grade novel is about a girl, Claire, who is struggling to feel like she fits in with her friends. She's struggling in dance, and to top it all off, her father has a stroke. She is alone with him at the time and has to get help for him. 

I liked the way Sonnenblick handled the medical information in the story. My daughter had a stroke a few years ago, so I felt like I could connect with what was happening. 

I like the growth in Claire. She matured a lot in the course of this novel. I liked that Sonnenblick dealt with problems kids face in school along with issues they face at home and at dance. He wrote this little girl well. 





Read to a child today even if that child is you. 

Link to our NICU book registry if you'd like to donate books to babies in the newborn intensive care unit so their parents can read to them while they grow. You can also donate gently used books to our project by sending them to me or to Angie. Email me for a mailing address. We can use both English and Spanish books. If you have a graduate of the NICU, or if you have a baby whose life you would like to honor by donating books to this project, let me know, and I can make a book plate with their name for the books you donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment