Friday, December 20, 2019

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by Rowling, Tiffany, and Thorne

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany, and Jack Thorne was published in 2016. This eighth story of the Harry Potter saga is written as a play which makes it a very quick read. I found this copy in a local little free library.

I enjoyed this play that takes place nineteen years after Harry defeats Voldemort. His younger son, Albus, is headed to Hogwarts for the first time. He struggles with having Harry Potter as his dad - that and the fact he's named after two famous wizards - Dumbledore and Snape.

A time turner is discovered that may change everything for the worse and bring Voldemort back to the present.

Quotes I enjoyed:

Page 277 "People think they know all there is to know about you, but the best bits of you are - have always been - heroic in really quiet ways." (Ginny speaking to Harry)

Page 306 "Most people at least have a dad to base themselves on - and either try to be or try not to be. I've got nothing or very little."

I loved the time travel in this story.


If you are a Potter fan, you will want to read this play. If you are not a fan of reading plays, this one may change your mind.

Link to our NICU book registry if you'd like to donate books to babies in the newborn intensive care unit so their parents can read to them while they grow. You can also donate gently used books to our project by sending them to me or to Angie. Email me for a mailing address. We can use both English and Spanish books. If you have a graduate of the NICU, or if you have a baby whose life you would like to honor by donating books to this project, let me know, and I can make a book plate with their name for the books you donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment