Saturday, July 9, 2022

Tomorrow I'll be Brave by Jessica Hische

 Tomorrow I'll be Brave by Jessica Hische was published in 2018, and it's a darling book with a wonderful message. I found out about this book from one of our NICU families. They brought it to read to their baby, and Angie sent me pictures of some of the pages. This family recently sent 10 more copies of this book for our NICU book project, and have now donated 20 copies of this book. 

This is a great book for babies in the NICU. It reads, "Tomorrow, I'll be adventurous. I'll play and I'll explore. I'll make or learn or try something I've never done before. Tomorrow, I'll be strong. I'll climb and jump and run. It doesn't matter if I win as long as I have fun!" The ending message is that even if the child doesn't do it today, they can try again tomorrow, and of course, they will always be loved. 

Every parent in the NICU is waiting for the day they get to take their baby home, and this book is a great one to read to their baby while they are growing. 

We recently received book donations from three donors, and they are greatly appreciated because we are quite low on books right now - especially board books.  

These are the books that were donated by one of our NICU graduates. 


My friend, Grace, donated $20, and these are the books, I purchased with her donation. As a teacher, I am good at finding deals on books to get the most out of every dollar. 

My friend, Tanya, sent these books from our Amazon baby registry. 


Combined with books I've purchased, I'll be able to send more packets to Angie next week. I love that these babies are getting read to early as it will help them when they start school. The more words a child hears before kindergarten, the easier reading will be for them. 

Read to a child today even if that child is you. 

Link to our NICU book registry to donate books to babies in the newborn intensive care unit so their parents can read to them while they grow. You can also donate gently used books to our project by sending them to me or to Angie. Email me for a mailing address. We can use both English and Spanish books. If you have a graduate of the NICU, or if you have a baby whose life you would like to honor by donating books to this project, let me know, and I can make a book plate with their name for the books you donate.



No comments:

Post a Comment