Friday, August 28, 2015

Friday Favorites - Audrey and Don Wood

One of my favorite author pairs are Don and Audrey Wood. Audrey writes the stories and Don creates the magnificent illustrations. Their books are works of art with good stories and wonderful pictures.

I shared The Napping House with you on Wednesday, and it is such a fun book to read with little ones.

They created a sequel to this book that I don't yet own and haven't read, but it is on my to buy list:


Their award winning Heckedy Peg is a tale that is a bit scary. It was Matthew's favorite when he was in first grade. I've also read it to my middle school students and they love it. 



King Bidgood's in the Bathtub is a Caldecott Honor book with amazing artwork and a funny story. 


The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear is a fun book for even the littlest child. My grandson, Jace, loves this book.


Elbert's Bad Word is a fun story about swearing and is also a favorite.


Jubal's Wish is a brightly colored book about friendship and happiness. 

If you google Don and Audrey Wood, you will see they have many other books that I have not yet read, but so far, I have enjoyed every book I've read by these two great children's authors. Here is a link to their website: Audrey and Don Wood

Do you have a favorite children's book author or illustrator? Share in the comments below so that I can be on the look out for even  more great children's books.

No comments:

Post a Comment