Monday, March 7, 2016

One Boy by Laura Vaccaro Seeger

I found this book about numbers in my travels last week, and I love it. The book is well made, is about counting, and makes a great read aloud.

Laura Vaccoro's One Boy is a Theodor Seuss Geisel Honor Book. Published in 2008, this book has cut outs on each page so that when you turn the page, some of the words and pictures are shown and they change what is said or shown the next page. The book counts from one to ten. I included a video of me reading this book to my grandkids because it is hard to describe how valuable this book is for a young child's library.

Each page has from two to five words on the page, so a very young child can feel like they are reading. The font is huge and the story fun. Jace loves this book. When I visited him this week, he had me read it to him over, and over, and over again. He was so cute; at the beginning of the story there is one boy all alone. Jaced pointed to the empty chairs in the picture and said, "I will sit right there." He didn't want the boy to be alone.


Read to a child today even if that child is you. 



1 comment:

  1. Love how Jace didn't want the boy to be alone. So cute.

    ReplyDelete