Wednesday, July 27, 2016

I Wish I Were a Butterfly by James Howe

I Wish I Were a Butterfly by James Howe is the story of the littlest cricket who doesn't want to make music. Instead, he wants to be a beautiful butterfly. A frog told him that he is the ugliest creature he's ever seen, and the cricket can't let go of these mean words.

Cricket meets many other insects who try to help him, but it takes him a long to time to believe what they say. By the end of the book, he finds his beautiful music which makes the butterfly envy him.

Ed Young is the illustrator of this beautiful story, and although I didn't buy this book for the pictures, they add to the mood and words and make the story come alive.


My grandson requested that I read this one on Youtube, so this one's for you, Isaac.



Read to a child today even if that child is you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment