Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Aaaarrgghh, Spider! by Lydia Monks

Anyone who know me knows that I am not a spider lover. I don't smash them because you have to be close enough to it to smash it, and I don't take them outside because there is no way that I going to pick up a spider, so the vacuum cleaner it is for me.

In Lydia Monks Aaaarrgghh, Spider!, a spider really wants to be a pet. He keeps showing the humans in the house what a good pet he would make, but they keep putting him outside. They finally see what a good pet he would make, but then things get really creepy. This is one spider book that I can relate to although the spider never would have been invited inside in the first place.

This book is darling. Lydia Monks also wrote The Cat Barked? She knows what kids like and how to make a story fun.


Yesterday, Angie brought me 38 books from generous people for our NICU book project. One of her work friends brought 10 board books and 8 hard backs. People are good. Thank you to this sweet friend who would like to stay unnamed.


Angie's sister-in-law, Janelle, sent 20 books for our project. She included some real treasures in this group and yes, that is a Spanish book you see in there. Thank you, Janelle!


Link to our NICU book registry if you'd like to donate books to babies in the newborn intensive care unit.

Read to a child today even if that child is you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment