Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Sometimes I'm Bombaloo by Rachel Vail

Sometimes I'm Bombaloo by Rachel Vail and illustrated by Yumi Heo was published in 2002 and tells the story of a darling girl named Katie Honors who is a good little girl except for when she is Bombaloo.

I like this book because it shows a child that sometimes our feelings get big and scary and out of control. It shows a child that we can take a time-out until we are not Bombaloo anymore. Katie Honors has a mom who understands that a child needs help to put things back together after being Bombaloo.

The illustrations are fun and use color and design to show Katie's escalating feelings. Three-year old Aria covered her face when Katie became Bombaloo, but she wanted me to keep reading. Three-year old Vincent enjoyed this story and didn't get scared. This book is grandchild approved.



Link to our NICU book registry if you'd like to donate books to babies in the newborn intensive care unit so their parents can read to them while they grow. You can also donate gently used books to our project by sending them to me or to Angie. Email me for a mailing address. We can use both English and Spanish books. If you have a graduate of the NICU, or if you have a baby whose life you would like to honor by donating books to this project, let me know, and I can make a book plate with their name for the books you donate.

Read to a child today even if that child is you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment