Wednesday, January 24, 2018

What's in Your Reading Stack

Today, I realized I had a stack of books either that I'd started reading or that I will be starting soon.

This is my current stack:


1. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee- Matt is reading this at school, so I am reading it with him at home.

2. Everfound by Neal Shusterman - This is the third book in the Skinjacker series. I started the first book last week and am nearly finished with this one. It is a fascinating series about a world for the dead.

3. The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan - This is my current audio book. I love to listen while driving, cooking, cleaning, or getting ready for the day.

4. Sarah's Quilt by Nancy E. Turner - This is our February's book club choice. I haven't started it yet, but I will as soon as I finish Everfound.

5. Beneath by Roland Smith - This is one of my bathtub books. It is a paperback, so there is less to lose if I drop it in the tub. I just started it and am enjoying it so far.

6. The Last Seven Months of Anne Frank by Willy Lindwer - I started this one a few weeks ago, and misplaced it, but I found it again, so now I can finish it. It is interesting so far. The author interviewed people who saw or spent time with Anne Frank after she was taken from the annex. He also tells their stories.

7. Brain Rules by John Medina - not a page turner, but an interesting look at how the brain works. I'm not very far into it yet.

8. Calling the Wind - a collection of short stories from Black authors. The stories so far have been really good.

I generally try to keep my stack at no more than five, but I'm a bit out of control right now.

What does your reading stack look like today?


No comments:

Post a Comment