Wednesday, September 26, 2018

The Incredible Journey by Sheila Burnford

The Incredible Journey by Sheila Burnford was published in 1961, and if you have a reader who loves animals, they will enjoy this story. I found this copy at a local Little Free Library. I love our Little Free Libraries. I think I need one.

The novel is set in Canada, and tells about two dogs and a cat who do all they can to get home to their people. The book is well illustrated by Carl Burger, and this book would be great for middle grade and middle school students.

I listened to the audio version which as well done, but the pictures in the book really add what the audio version can not. As a person with dogs at home, I could see the love and caring that these three animals had for one another. I also could understand when they got annoyed with one another. Animals are so much deeper than we may ever know. I liked how the animals took care of one another and the kind people who also helped them along their way.

Animals are smarter than we often realize.



Link to our NICU book registry if you'd like to donate books to babies in the newborn intensive care unit so their parents can read to them while they grow. You can also donate gently used books to our project by sending them to me or to Angie. Email me for a mailing address. We can use both English and Spanish books. If you have a graduate of the NICU, or if you have a baby whose life you would like to honor by donating books to this project, let me know, and I can make a book plate with their name for the books you donate.

Read to a child today even if that child is you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment