Monday, March 25, 2019

Bunnicula by Deborah and James Howe

Bunnicula by Deborah and James Howe was published in 1979 just when I started having children. I only read it recently, and I think my grand kids will enjoy it. 

This book is written for early elementary and middle grade readers. This fun story has many of the elements of Dracula without any of the evil. 

The story is told from Harold's, the family dog, point of view. He and Chester, the family cat, can see that there is something unusual about the family's new pet rabbit, and when all the vegetables in the fridge begin to turn white, they know they must make sure their family is safe from Bunnicula. 





Read to a child today even if that child is you.

Link to our NICU book registry if you'd like to donate books to babies in the newborn intensive care unit so their parents can read to them while they grow. You can also donate gently used books to our project by sending them to me or to Angie. Email me for a mailing address. We can use both English and Spanish books. If you have a graduate of the NICU, or if you have a baby whose life you would like to honor by donating books to this project, let me know, and I can make a book plate with their name for the books you donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment