Tuesday, September 3, 2019

A Fantastic Week for NICU Donations

This week has been wonderful for our NICU book project. The week began with my neighbor, Jennifer Staley, dropping off a bag of books. I use the books I can for the NICU and other books head into local Little Free Libraries.

Here is what she brought over.

This picture is of books that will go into my little free library. I have a lack of early chapter books (and adult books) because I taught middle school, so the neighbor kids thank you for these, Jennifer.


These books will head to the NICU. The skull ABC book is very cool. I need to get one for my own library. The Math-terpieces is also a very cool book.

Then on Saturday, the NICU had its reunion and people brought books for our project. There was also a box of books that will be headed to local Little Free Libraries.

 The United Way also gave us books on Saturday at the reunion.


On Sunday, my son's best friend, Justin, and his family, Carrie, Annalisa, and Brittney, brought over four boxes of books. I was able to use 101 of them for the NICU. The rest will be appearing in local Little Free Libraries.




I really appreciate getting books for our NICU project. With your help we reach a lot more babies than I'm able to reach on my own.

If you have used books, I am happy to take them, use what I can for the NICU and rehome others in Little Free Libraries. I am really good at rehoming books. :)

If you'd like to visit a Little Free Library, here is a link to the map. You can give to, borrow, or keep books. You never know what will be inside. I love seeing what each steward does to make their library unique. My grandson, Vincent, has a favorite one as do some of my grand daughters. We are lucky that we have many in our area.

"It is like the take a penny, leave a penny only better because its books," my daughter, Caitie, says of Little Free Libraries.

Read to a child today even if that child is you. 

Link to our NICU book registry if you'd like to donate books to babies in the newborn intensive care unit so their parents can read to them while they grow. You can also donate gently used books to our project by sending them to me or to Angie. Email me for a mailing address. We can use both English and Spanish books. If you have a graduate of the NICU, or if you have a baby whose life you would like to honor by donating books to this project, let me know, and I can make a book plate with their name for the books you donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment