Tuesday, June 16, 2020

NICU Book Project Helpers part two

Yesterday, the packages kept arriving. More helpers sent books so that our NICU book project can continue in the midst of the pandemic. I appreciate each and every book that is sent to us. 


Aaron Phipps sent this fun to read selection. 


Allyson Shogren sent these books. Birds is such a beautiful book and Breathe is perfect for NICU babies.

Kelli Nelson sent these. I think I read One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish a million times when my older kids were little. 

Rachel Shibukawa sent three of my favorites. Such fun books for kids. 




Aaron Phipps sent this fun selection. My youngest son memorized Are You My Mother? when he was three and would recite it to his 18 month-old niece. It was the cutest thing. 

Ally Baird sent these fun books. Olivia reminds me of my grand daughter of the same name. 

Amazon forgot the packing slip, so I don't know who sent this, but I thank you for helping us.

Christi Alvey sent these books. If I had a million dollars, I buy Breathe for every baby in the NICU. It's probably the most spoken word in there. 

Shari sent this selection. I love touch and feel books for babies. 

Jen Colvin sent this fun Karen Katz book, perfect for babies.

Hailey Jene Hamblin sent all these fun books. Spooky Old Tree is one of my grand daughter's favorites. 


Amazon also forgot the packing slip on this one. Thank you for this book. You know who you are.

These three Mo Willems books were donated by Lauren Dalpias to honor her angel baby, Logan. Each of these books will have a book plate letting the recipients know it is a gift in Logan's name.

When I get books to honor the life of a NICU angel, it touches my heart and reminds me why this project was started. I started this project to honor the lives of my twins who did not survive pregnancy, and it brings me joy to see how many lives have been touched by this project. It makes me feel like their lives mattered, so thank you so very much for your generous donations. 



If you are unfamiliar with our project, we give each baby in the NICU a package containing five books so that parents can read to them during their often lengthy hospital stays. They get to take the books home with them and hopefully gain a life long love of reading as they begin their literacy journey.



I am thankful for all our helpers. We couldn't reach every baby in our NICU without your support. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Link to our NICU book registry to donate books to babies in the newborn intensive care unit so their parents can read to them while they grow. You can also donate gently used books to our project by sending them to me or to Angie. Email me for a mailing address. We can use both English and Spanish books. If you have a graduate of the NICU, or if you have a baby whose life you would like to honor by donating books to this project, let me know, and I can make a book plate with their name for the books you donate.

Read to a child today even if that child is you.

No comments:

Post a Comment