Thursday, January 10, 2019

Griffin and Sabine: An Extraordinary Correspondence by Nick Bantock

On a recent visit to a local thrift shop, I found the book Griffin and Sabine: An Extraordinary Correspondence by Nick Bantock for 50 cents and it is in like new condition. I also found out it is the first of six books. I want to finish this artsy series, so I'll be on the hunt for the next five.

This book was published in 1991. Every page is a work of art featuring a post card or letter with art on it. The letters are in envelopes and you actually have to take them out, unfold them and read to continue the story.

The story begins with a fan contacting an artist. The fan, Sabine is also an artist, and the two begin a correspondence, which leads to their friendship; only there is a twist and it ends with a mystery, so you can see why I need the next books.

The art alone is one reason to purchase this book. This is a quick read that looks more like a picture book, but it isn't for children.






Link to our NICU book registry if you'd like to donate books to babies in the newborn intensive care unit so their parents can read to them while they grow. You can also donate gently used books to our project by sending them to me or to Angie. Email me for a mailing address. We can use both English and Spanish books. If you have a graduate of the NICU, or if you have a baby whose life you would like to honor by donating books to this project, let me know, and I can make a book plate with their name for the books you donate.

Read to a child today even if that child is you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment