Thursday, January 17, 2019

Silver Seeds by Paul Paolilli and Dan Brewer

I collect poetry books, and Silver Seeds written by Paul Paolilli and Dan Brewer and illustrated by Steve Johnson and Lou Fancher is a beautiful addition to my collection. Published in 2001, each page has a word written vertically, and the first word of each line begins with the letter.

For instance:

Down goes the moon
And up come the sun,
Welcoming the
New day.

Folds and Folds
Of soft spun sugar, like a soft
Gray blanket over the land

Huge elephants
In a row,
Lying
Low and
Sleeping.

Each poem has something to do with nature, and the pictures are beautiful. I only wish it was twice as long.



Sarah sent these books for the NICU book project. Thank you, Sarah.

Hollie and Tanya brought this group of books over for the NICU book project. I appreciate everyone who contributes to our book project. Thank you.


Read to a child today even if that child is you.

Link to our NICU book registry if you'd like to donate books to babies in the newborn intensive care unit so their parents can read to them while they grow. You can also donate gently used books to our project by sending them to me or to Angie. Email me for a mailing address. We can use both English and Spanish books. If you have a graduate of the NICU, or if you have a baby whose life you would like to honor by donating books to this project, let me know, and I can make a book plate with their name for the books you donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment