Monday, November 21, 2016

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

LibriVox and our home remodel is getting me through more of my classic to-read pile. In listening to The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, I was reminded of the television series House, with Gregory House as Sherlock Holmes and Dr. James Wilson as Dr. Watson.

Both House and Holmes are addicted to drugs and both are incredibly observant and smart, which shows they are functioning drug addicts, for now. Neither likes to take a case unless they find it interesting. Both are arrogant. I didn't think I'd enjoy Sherlock Holmes, but I found each case interesting just like watching each episode of House interests me.

Although this book is not the first in the series, I didn't have any trouble following along. Doyle paints his characters well, and the reader on LibriVox's version four, David Clarke, did an excellent job on the narration.

If you like reading things that make you think, you may enjoy this book.


Read to child today or allow LibriVox to read you a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment