Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Black? White! Day? Night! A Book of Opposites by Laura Vaccaro Seeger

If you haven't already, add Laura Vaccaro Seeger to your list of authors that you must own their entire collection. I have been adding her books to my collection and my grandchildren and myself adore all of her books.

I recently purchased Black? White! Day? Night! A Book of Opposites, and three-year old Aria wanted it read over and over again. Each page has a cut out where you can see into the page below, and the smaller drawing becomes part of a larger drawing that turns into the opposite.

The pages on this book are pretty sturdy but they are not indestructible, so this book will last a good long time as little hands move the pages back and forth. This is a fold out book with fun pictures lined with heavy black outlines to appeal to even the littlest reader.




Link to our NICU book registry if you'd like to donate books to babies in the newborn intensive care unit so their parents can read to them while they grow. You can also donate gently used books to our project by sending them to me or to Angie. Email me for a mailing address. We can use both English and Spanish books. If you have a graduate of the NICU, or if you have a baby whose life you would like to honor by donating books to this project, let me know, and I can make a book plate with their name for the books you donate.

Read to a child today even if that child is you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment