Wednesday, June 19, 2019

The Ugly Pumpkin by Dave Horowitz

The Ugly Pumpkin by Dave Horowitz was published in 2005, and this retelling of The Ugly Duckling is a perfect book for autumn. The drawings are really cute as you follow the story of the Ugly Pumpkin who no one wants for Halloween.

The Ugly Pumpkin begs for people to accept him, but he is refused at every turn, until he comes upon a group of squash and finds where he belongs just in time for Thanksgiving.

I love the bright colors in the story looks just right for autumn. The facial expressions are spot on and help a young child see emotions.


Michelle and her grandson, Lucas, brought over 12 books for the NICU this week, and I forgot to take pictures of them until after I made packets and taped them shut. This is what our packets look like. Each baby gets one. 

I appreciate your donations to our project. 

Link to our NICU book registry if you'd like to donate books to babies in the newborn intensive care unit so their parents can read to them while they grow. You can also donate gently used books to our project by sending them to me or to Angie. Email me for a mailing address. We can use both English and Spanish books. If you have a graduate of the NICU, or if you have a baby whose life you would like to honor by donating books to this project, let me know, and I can make a book plate with their name for the books you donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment