Monday, November 25, 2019

Treasures in my Little Free Library

One of the benefits of having a Little Free Library is that people leave amazing books inside. Two children's books were recently placed inside by an unknown benefactor, and my grandkids love both of these books. They will be residing here for now so that I can share them with all of my grandchildren.

The first book is I'm Not Afraid of the Dark by Helena Harastova and illustrated by Jakub Cenkl. This book was published in 2017 and has fun slider pages that are heavy duty so that children can play with them safely.

In this story, a little boy is afraid of the dark. He sees scary things, but when your child turns on the light by pulling the slider, he sees what is there isn't scary at all. By the end of the book, he decides he's no longer afraid of the dark.

The illustrations are a lot of fun, and it's a hit with all the grandkids.



The second book that was left is Press Here by Herve Tullet and was published in 2010. This book is incredibly interactive. The pages are sturdy and wipeable if fingerprints end up on them. This book asks you to press on the yellow dot and when you turn the page, you discover what your action has done.

Before turning each page, you or the child will do what is asked. This book is fun and delightful and is a big hit with my grandchildren. The pictures are all dots, and you will see just how much fun dots can be.





I've really enjoyed my Little Free Library. We are charter number 88672. You are welcome to find us on the map and come take a book or leave a book.

An anonymous benefactor donated twelve board books to our project. These are just the right size for little hands. Thanks for the books.





Read to a child today even if that child is you. 

Link to our NICU book registry if you'd like to donate books to babies in the newborn intensive care unit so their parents can read to them while they grow. You can also donate gently used books to our project by sending them to me or to Angie. Email me for a mailing address. We can use both English and Spanish books. If you have a graduate of the NICU, or if you have a baby whose life you would like to honor by donating books to this project, let me know, and I can make a book plate with their name for the books you donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment