Wednesday, June 24, 2020

NICU Book Project Helpers part 4

I'll get back to book reviews soon, but first, I have more people to thank. I appreciate each and every book that we receive. Your donations help us continue our project on the scale we like, which is that every NICU baby at McKay Dee Hospital receive a packet of five books during their stay.

I don't know who sent this touch and feel book, but I thank you.




Kelli Nelsen sent this fun Mem Fox book. 


Rachel donated this sweet board book to our NICU.


Kathy Newman sent this fun selection.

These are also from Kathy Newman. Mo Willems is such a great children's author.

Teri donated this darling board book.


We received  a monetary donation from an anonymous donor, and this is what I bought with 1/3 of it. I am a teacher, so I use my Scholastic order to purchase and then use my points to get even more books for the NICU. We will be using the rest of this money over the next two or three months as different titles go on sale. The rest of the pictures show the 294 books I was able to get so far. 







Many thanks to everyone who has contributed to our project this month. You've saved us. 

Link to our NICU book registry to donate books to babies in the newborn intensive care unit so their parents can read to them while they grow. You can also donate gently used books to our project by sending them to me or to Angie. Email me for a mailing address. We can use both English and Spanish books. If you have a graduate of the NICU, or if you have a baby whose life you would like to honor by donating books to this project, let me know, and I can make a book plate with their name for the books you donate.

Read to a child today even if that child is you.


No comments:

Post a Comment