Thursday, July 30, 2020

Everything to Spend the Night by Ann Whitford Paul and Maggie SmithWe

Everything to Spend the Night written by Ann Whitford Paul and illustrated by Maggie Smith is an ABC book published in 1999. I collect ABC books and this one is so cute. This story features a little girl going to spend the night with her grandfather. She's brought a huge travel bag full of treasures. 

She says, "Grandpa! Grandpa!
Come and see
the things I brought
for you and me - 
I packed my bag.
I filled it tight with . . .

Everything to spend the night. 

First with Apples we can share 
with Bunny and my fuzzy Bear. 

The story continues with something to represent each letter of the alphabet. Grandpa is getting tired from all the activities his grand daughter has brought along. This story has a cute ending.

This book is currently out of print but you can find it on line. 


We have received more donations for our NICU book project. I appreciate every single book we get. 

Lori Cash donated this selection to our NICU book project. I love the tiny board books; they are just right for baby hands. 

Debbie Murray sent these books. 

Kate Thompson sent us this selection. 

Thank you all so much for your generous donations. 

Link to our NICU book registry to donate books to babies in the newborn intensive care unit so their parents can read to them while they grow. You can also donate gently used books to our project by sending them to me or to Angie. Email me for a mailing address. We can use both English and Spanish books. If you have a graduate of the NICU, or if you have a baby whose life you would like to honor by donating books to this project, let me know, and I can make a book plate with their name for the books you donate.

Read to a child today even if that child is you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment