Wednesday, January 10, 2018

The Children of Noisy Village by Astrid Lingren

The Children of Noisy Village written by Astrid Lingren and illustrated by Ilon Wikland was published in 1961. I enjoyed this little story set in Sweden. Lingren relates the life of a farm child during a year. She uses her same fun writing style in this realistic fiction that she uses in Pippi Longstockings. 

Noisy village is three farm houses set close together, and it is noisy because there are so many children. The story is sweet and fun. In it I learned about snow lanterns, and now I have to make one as soon as it snows. I thought of my Swedish grandfather while I read this book and wondered if he had some of these same experiences. 







Link to our NICU book registry if you'd like to donate books to babies in the newborn intensive care unit so their parents can read to them while they grow. You can also donate gently used books to our project by sending them to me or to Angie. Email me for a mailing address. We are in need of Spanish books at this time, especially board books. We can always use both English and Spanish books. If you have a graduate of the NICU, or if you have a baby whose life you would like to honor by donating books to this project, let me know, and I can make a book plate with their name for the book you donate. 

Read to a child today even if that child is you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment