Saturday, February 4, 2017

Boundless Grace by Marry Hoffman and Caroline Binch

This is the sequel to Amazing Grace, which I'm surprised I haven't written a blog post on as it is a darling book.

In Boundless Grace, Grace wants her family to be like those she see in books - a mother, a father, a brother, and a sister, but in her family, it is Grace, her mother, and her grandmother. Her father and mother split up, and he went to live in Africa.

He has a new wife and two new children. I could relate with Grace as she worries that she might not recognize her father when she goes to visit him as it has been many years since she's seen him. That was something I worried about after a long absence from my own father.

She worries he will love the new children more than he loves her. I also had this worry. Hoffman gets the emotions and worries of a child from divorce correct. Caroline Binch is the amazing artist who brings the story to life, and I spent more time just looking at each page because of her talent.

Grace is a strong female character who isn't perfect. She has doubts, fears, and frustrations, but she seems so real. She is strong and finds ways to learn and grow, which makes her the kind of character I love.


Read to a child today to help them know that their feelings and fears are a normal part of the human experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment