Thursday, February 2, 2017

My Garden by Kevin Henkes

Oh, Kevin Henkes, you are such a wonderful creator of children literature. This book reminds me of Henkes's book Old Bear. The pictures and story content go along the same lines.

In My Garden, a little girl who helps her mother in a real garden imagines what she would like her own garden to be like.

She imagines all sorts of things that are completely impossible but entirely charming. I love how Henkes taps into a child's imagination and makes things magical.


I googled this book and images of class projects kids have made in classrooms to go along with this book come up. How fun to allow children to create their own garden that can grow anything they can imagine.


 Imagine growing chocolate Easter bunnies.

Read to a child today and see what they can imagine

No comments:

Post a Comment