Thursday, February 16, 2017

The Book Nook - Black History Month

I am all ready for Black History Month. Although I am a pasty person, I want my children and grandchildren to understand Black History and that in order for our country to be united, we must understand and find love for one another.

I love that my little grand daughter understood who Ruby Bridges was when she was five - in fact it was her favorite book.


Close-ups of the books on top of the shelves.

These will be up for two weeks and then we have to go green for St. Patrick's Day. :)


Lori Russell recently donated money to our NICU book drive for babies, and this is what I purchased with her money. I wish every child could have a copy of Are You My Mother, and when I found that Humbug Witch came in Spanish, I couldn't resist.
Read to a child today even if that child is you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment