Monday, September 3, 2018

Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson

Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson is a series of five books, but I have only read the first three books.

If you liked Peter Pan, you will enjoy this series of books that explain all the magic in Peter Pan. The first three books explain Pixie dust, how Tinker Bell and the mermaids came into being, losing your shadow, and how Tick-Tock became Tick-Tock.

All three books have illustrations that add to the stories. The characters are fun and grow during the series. Friendships and loyalty are important, and magic is prevalent. I will be getting the next two books in this series.

I think the covers of these books are beautiful.





Luckily, we've had some NICU book donations lately as we almost ran out of books. Thank you to all you sent books.

Caitie brought these cute books over.


Heidi found these beauties for the NICU.

Angie brought this selection to me.

Link to our NICU book registry if you'd like to donate books to babies in the newborn intensive care unit so their parents can read to them while they grow. You can also donate gently used books to our project by sending them to me or to Angie. Email me for a mailing address. We can use both English and Spanish books. If you have a graduate of the NICU, or if you have a baby whose life you would like to honor by donating books to this project, let me know, and I can make a book plate with their name for the books you donate.

Read to a child today even if that child is you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment