Monday, January 16, 2023

2022 NICU Book Project Update

Our NICU book project is beginning its eighth year! My plan of doing a one time donation to honor my twins who did not survive pregnancy is now eight years old. We have placed thousand of books with families who often have an extended stay in the NICU. Each family gets a packet of five books with an insert that explains the importance of reading to their babies. 

I hope that by giving each baby five books, their literary palate will be awakened and they will seek out books, learning, and knowledge for the rest of their lives.

Angie has received emails from her coworkers saying that this is a much needed project. All of this does my heart good. I feel like the lives of our little ones matter and that they are blessing the lives of others.

Last year we placed 973 books with our babies thanks to our donors who helped me out by donating 492 books. That helped me reach twice as many babies as I could have done alone. We were able to give nearly 200 babies the gift of literacy. I appreciate every donation we receive - one book or one hundred books. 


Read to a child today even if that child is you. 

Link to our NICU book project registry to donate books to babies in the newborn intensive care unit so their parents can read to them while they grow. 

You can also donate gently used books to our project by sending them to me or to Angie. Email me for a mailing address. We can use both English and Spanish books. 

If you have a graduate of the NICU, or if you have a baby whose life you would like to honor by donating books to this project, let me know, and I can make a book plate with their name for the books you donate.


No comments:

Post a Comment