Saturday, January 21, 2023

Max and the Midknights by Lincoln Peirce

Max and the Midknights by Lincoln Peirce was published in 2019 and is a fun adventure told with comics and prose. I listened to the audio version and it was done like a play with a different voice actor for each character. I think any young reader who likes adventure, wizards, dragons, and castles will enjoy this story. 

Max wants to be knight, but that is not likely as Max's uncle is a troubadour - a traveling actor, and children must be whatever their guardians are. When Uncle Budrick is taken prisoner by the evil King Gastley, Max must come to his rescue. Luckily Max makes some friends along the way to help the quest. 

I have some grandkids and students who will enjoy this book. Vincent, my grandson, is currently reading this, and each times he picks it up, he says "I'm going on a legendary adventure." 


Read to a child today even if that child is you. 

Link to our NICU book registry to donate books to babies in the newborn intensive care unit so their parents can read to them while they grow. You can also donate gently used books to our project by sending them to me or to Angie. Email me for a mailing address. We can use both English and Spanish books. If you have a graduate of the NICU, or if you have a baby whose life you would like to honor by donating books to this project, let me know, and I can make a book plate with their name for the books you donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment