Saturday, January 7, 2023

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox, and the Horse by Charlie Mackesy

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox, and the Horse by Charlie Mackesy was published in 2019 and is a quiet, kind, and gentle book. My only complaint with the book is the font used. I prefer a font that is more user friendly - especially for students with learning differences. 

This book could be used as journaling prompts. 

Quotes I like:

"What do you want to be when you grow up?" "Kind," said the boy. 

"Do you have a favorite saying?" asked the boy.

 "If at first you don't succeed, have some cake."

"I see; does it work?"

"Every time."

"Most of the old moles I know wish they had listened less to their fears and more to their dreams."

The entire book has so many great quotes. I did cry when I read some of them - probably because I needed the words in my life right now. 

I love the watercolor pictures in the book and think it will make a great addition to my classroom. 

 Read to a child today even if that child is you. 

Link to our NICU book registry to donate books to babies in the newborn intensive care unit so their parents can read to them while they grow. You can also donate gently used books to our project by sending them to me or to Angie. Email me for a mailing address. We can use both English and Spanish books. If you have a graduate of the NICU, or if you have a baby whose life you would like to honor by donating books to this project, let me know, and I can make a book plate with their name for the books you donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment