Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Merry Christmas to our NICU Book Project

Merry Christmas to our NICU Book Project. Santa's helpers sent many books to Angie for the babies. She still has more to bring me from an Eagle Project.

I love that our little project has grown so much. We were able to add a second hospital this year, so now every NICU baby born in both of these hospitals will get books. I'll update year end totals once I receive the books from the Eagle Project, but I wanted to thank the generous people who donated the following books.

Crystal Loveland sent these books. I love Eric Carle books. She also included some Spanish books.

Caitie sent this book: love these shine the light books.

 Angie sent this one: Love the mom's face on the cover.

These were sent by an anonymous helper.

Anne Corts and Camille Warnick organized a book drive with Mrs. Wintle's third grade class. They sent these books and inside them were notes written by the children to the babies. This made my heart swell. They put them in this cute basket.

Inside the basket:

Here are their cute notes:

Ana-Lisa Tolman's daughter collected books for a service project. Check out all those Little Golden Books. She got some great titles in this collection. 




Another Anonymous helper sent this batch. I appreciate so much that this project matters to people. We are able to serve so many more families because of their help.

Angie brought all these up on Christmas Eve, and then the day after Christmas, I got a package from Liam's family. 

These were sent by the Mello family to honor their sweet nephew, Liam. 

 Each book has a nameplate with his name.

Read to a child today even if that child is you. 

Link to our NICU book registry if you'd like to donate books to babies in the newborn intensive care unit so their parents can read to them while they grow. You can also donate gently used books to our project by sending them to me or to Angie. Email me for a mailing address. We can use both English and Spanish books. If you have a graduate of the NICU, or if you have a baby whose life you would like to honor by donating books to this project, let me know, and I can make a book plate with their name for the books you donate.


No comments:

Post a Comment