Monday, January 6, 2020

The Day I Swapped My Dad for Two Goldfish by Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean

The Day I Swapped My Dad for Two Goldfish by Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean was published in 2004. My copy came with an enhanced CD on which Neil Gaiman reads the story and honestly, the man could read the phone book and I'd want to listen. He's such a good storyteller.

This story is a lot of fun for middle grade readers. I would recommend this book for grade two and up.

This is the story of a boy who trades his dad for two goldfish, but when his mother discovers what he's done, he must go retrieve his dad. Unfortunately, his dad has been swapped for something else all over the town. His little sister is a great addition to the story and shows that everything goes much better when you listen to your sister.

The illustrations by Dave McKean are so much fun. There is a lot going on with them, so it may take a while for your child to get through this book.

I enjoy Gaiman's style of writing and McKean's artistic ability.



Read to a child today even if that child is you. 

Link to our NICU book registry if you'd like to donate books to babies in the newborn intensive care unit so their parents can read to them while they grow. You can also donate gently used books to our project by sending them to me or to Angie. Email me for a mailing address. We can use both English and Spanish books. If you have a graduate of the NICU, or if you have a baby whose life you would like to honor by donating books to this project, let me know, and I can make a book plate with their name for the books you donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment