Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Memories by Lang Leav

Memories by Lang Leav was published in 2015 and is a book of poetry about relationships, love, and lost love. I normally am not a fan of love poetry, but this collection is quite good and profound.

I found this copy in a Little Free Library and it is beautifully bound with thick creamy paper.

Quotes I liked:

"And as you are sitting there alone and hurting, I wish I could put a pen in your hand and gently remind you how the world has given you poetry and now you must give it back" (9).

"The moment words found me, they burrowed themselves into my bones, they settled like dust in my lungs until I felt them every time I breathed in and out" (47).

"Always With Me" page 191

Your love I once surrendered,
       has never left my mind.

My heart is just as tender,
       as the day I called you mine.

I did not take you with me,
      but you were never left behind.


If you haven't visited a little free library, you can look up one near you by clicking Here. I keep a box of books in the trunk of my car, so I can swap out books with ones I want to read, or so I can book bomb those that are low on books. Feel free to visit my little free library and take or leave a book.

Read to a child today even if that child is you. 

Link to our NICU book registry if you'd like to donate books to babies in the newborn intensive care unit so their parents can read to them while they grow. You can also donate gently used books to our project by sending them to me or to Angie. Email me for a mailing address. We can use both English and Spanish books. If you have a graduate of the NICU, or if you have a baby whose life you would like to honor by donating books to this project, let me know, and I can make a book plate with their name for the books you donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment